Over 100 million people in North America live with some form of heat sensitivity. This condition arises from a variety of factors: medical drug side effects, hormonal imbalances, traumatic brain injuries, and some neurological disorders. Individuals living with heat sensitivity often choose to remain indoors during warmer weather for their personal safety. Thus many people are left out of important life events or even remain isolated from their friends and family for months at a time! Providing effective cooling relief for individuals with heat sensitivity is our mission and all we do!
It is our mission to create lightweight cooling garments with discretion in mind. ThermApparel provides individuals with the confidence, safety, and freedom to experience the outdoors.
It is our ultimate goal to design cooling garments that can be used on all individuals for all cooling needs. We especially hope our garments will increase comfort and decrease fatigue during exercise and forms of physical therapy so that users can increase and improve their health and quality of life in day to day activities.
- 2015 RIT Fall Tiger Tank - 2nd Place
- 2015 RIT Effective Access Technology Conference: Innovative Access Technology Product Competition - 2nd Place
- 2016 Imagine RIT - Al Sigl Award
- 2016 Digital Rochester's GREAT Awards Student Achievement Finalist
- 2017 Rochester Venture Challenge - 2nd Place